Inside: These no bake chocolate chip cookies dough hearts are a fun and easy Valentine’s Day treat that kids can make!
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
My girls love to make chocolate-dipped desserts – we make them for every occasion!
This time we decided to try something a little bit different by making our own cookie dough and then dipping it in chocolate, without baking. I mean, who doesn’t love to eat cookie dough right out of the bowl?
PS- There are no eggs in our chocolate chip cookie dough, so it’s safe to eat without baking!
This is a super easy recipe and since there is no oven involved, kids can help every step of the way.
We’ve included a helpful video tutorial in the recipe card at the bottom of the post so you can see exactly how we made our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts.
Make a batch for your favorite teacher, grandparents, neighbors, and friends. Be sure to do plenty of taste-testing as you go…wink, wink!
Related: Click here to see ALL of our favorite Valentine’s Day treats for kids! There’s over 40 recipes!
Watch our quick recipe video to see how easy these chocolate-covered cookie dough truffles are to make, and then don’t forget to scroll down for the printable recipe:
Kitchen Supplies Used
- Heat-treated flour
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
The above is a quick guide of what we used to make this recipe. A free printable copy of our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts recipe with full ingredient amounts and video is available at the bottom of the post.
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts
Safety Note: Because raw flour poses the risk of food-borne illness, always use heat-treated flour or bake your flour for 5 minutes at 180°F before mixing into your cookie dough.
If your cookie dough is still a bit dry after mixing, you can add 2-3 Tablespoons of water to soften it.
After you add chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter, you may want to finish kneading by hand.
TIP: If you can’t find Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers in your grocery store, you can also use regular chocolate chips for the coating.
When dipping your cookie dough hearts in the melted chocolate, chopsticks are one of our favorite tools. However, you can also use a fork or spoon – whichever is easiest for your kids to handle.
We love these non-stick silicone baking mats becuase when the chocolate dries, your truffles will just pop right off! You can also wash them and reuse them over and over!
Allow chocolate to set for at least 30 minutes before enjoying – you can place the cookie dough truffles in the fridge to speed up the process if you like.
Storage Info: Store your chocolate chip cookie dough hearts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Pin our Cookie Dough Hearts on Pinterest:
Free printable copy of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts Recipe
- 1 cup flour (plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 mini heart cookie cutter
- 8oz bag of Ghirardelli melting chocolate wafers
- 1 container of V-day sprinkles
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. If dough is still crumbly, mix in 2-3 Tablespoons cold water.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter.
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mats. Set one aside.
- Place dough onto one cookie sheet and flatten the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and using the cookie cutter, cut out your hearts.
- Place chocolate chip cookie dough hearts onto a plate and refrigerate an additional 10 minutes.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli wafers in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between. Handle with care, as bowl may become hot.
- Dip each heart into the melted chocolate and turn until completely coated. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, then place hearts on your second prepared cookie sheet.
- While chocolate is still soft, coat the top of your hearts with sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.