Hug your Valentine’s Day treats with these adorable teddy bear chocolate bar wrappers! We create a free candy bar wrapper template to make this craft easy for kids of all ages!
Teddy Bear Candy Bar Wrappers
How adorable are these little Valentine’s Day Bears?
They come holding a special treat – a surprise Hershey’s bar! The bear can be opened up to reveal the surprise or the candy bar slipped out of the bottom.
We made a free printable template so you can easily make these candy bar wrappers at home. They make a great classroom gift or special treat to include in your children’s Valentine’s Day treat baskets. (I think they’d be cute for birthdays or bringing along to a Teddy Bear picnic, too!)
You can use a different chocolate bar, if desired, but since we designed this template to work with a flat Hershey’s bar, you may need to adjust the folds on the heart “holder” to make sure your candy bar fits into the wrapper.
More Unique Candy Gifts Ideas:
These are some more ideas to make with candy bars for Valentine’s Day and other holidays too!
- Christmas Candy Sleigh
- Purse Gift Card Template (can be used for small candies or packs of gum)
- Candy Bar Bouquet from Bits of Everything
- Coffee Filter Roses (for lollipops)
- Candy Bar Wreath from Crazy Little Projects
Here’s what we used to make our teddy bear candy bar wrappers. You may already have most of these simple craft supplies on hand! You’re welcome to use any color of card stock, or add your own decorative touches!
- Cardstock: Brown, Pink, Red
- Black Marker
- Glue Stick
- Googly Eyes
- Heart Stickers, optional
- Free Candy Bar Wrapper Template
What Size Candy Bar will this Wrapper fit?
As you can see from the photos, we used Hershey bars — always a classic! However, you can fit most standard size candy bars in this wrapper.
You may want to test it out before you glue all the pieces down, to be sure of sizing and how much space you’ll need to leave for your candy bar choice.
How to Make a Teddy Bear Candy Bar Wrapper for Valentine’s Day
First, print out the FREE Valentine Candy Bar Wrapper Template onto each color as indicated:
- Bear bodies and ears on brown paper
- Large hearts on red paper
- Bear facial features and small hearts on pink paper
TIP: You can also print the template onto white paper and use as a pattern, tracing onto each color of cardstock and then cutting out those pieces.
Cut out all of the shapes.
Fold cardstock on indicated lines.
Glue the edges of the large red hearts onto the sides of the bear bodies. Do not glue the center of the hearts as this is where the candy bar will be inserted. (You can even glue with the candy bar in place to ensure there is enough space.)
Allow glue to dry and then fold the candy bar wrapper over to ensure the folds hold.
Glue on the bear’s facial features and feet with heart-shaped paws.
Draw on the facial features and additional characteristics, as desired.
Insert the candy bar into the center of the bear, underneath the heart cut-out.
Fold over the flaps and either use a glued paper heart or heart-shaped sticker to hold the candy bar wrapper closed.
Your teddy bear candy bar wrapper is done and ready to gift!
Feel free to repeat to make more bears using different color cardstock, or decorating with unique faces!
You can also write a Valentine message on your bear too — it can be a card AND candy bar holder! Have fun and let your creative juices go wild!
More of our favorite Valentine’s Day treats for kids:
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Cupid’s Arrow Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts
- Valentine’s Day Wafer Cookies
- Teddy Bear Cupcakes
- XOXO Valentine Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Cupid’s Float Valentine Punch
- Valentine Oreo Pretzel Bark (No Bake)
Grab your free printable instructions for our DIY Bear Candy Wrapper craft:
- Free printable template
- Cardstock (brown, red, pink)
- Google eyes
- Print free candy bar wrapper template -- either directly on the brown, red, and pink cardstock or on white paper to use as a pattern.
- Cut out pattern pieces.
- Fold cardstock on indicated lines.
- Glue the edges of the large red hearts onto the sides of the bear bodies. Do not glue the center of the hearts as this is where the candy bar will be inserted.
- When glue is dry, fold the candy bar wrapper over to ensure the folds hold.
- Glue on the ears, nose, eyes, and paws.
- Draw mouth, and any other features.
- Insert the candy bar into the center of the bear, underneath the heart cut-out.
- Fold over the flaps and either use a glued paper heart or heart-shaped sticker to hold the candy bar wrapper closed.
You might also like: