Cupid’s Float Valentine’s Day Punch
This rich and creamy Strawberry Ice Cream Float combines sweet strawberry juice and rich vanilla iced cream for a delicious treat that tastes just like a malt shop drink! We nicknamed it Cupid’s Float because it makes a lovely Valentine’s Day punch, but you can enjoy this any time of year!
Strawberry Ice Cream Float
One of my favorite things to whip up for a party or special occasion is a themed punch that the kids and adults alike can enjoy.
It takes very little effort, ends up being cheaper than serving soda, and there’s no denying that a fresh glass of punch adds to the festive atmosphere you’re trying to create. (You can crack open a diet soda anytime, enjoying a themed punch feels a lot more special.)
This strawberry banana float reminds me of those old-fashioned soda floats you can sometimes get at ice cream shoppes and diners, only instead of using soda we opted for a fruit juice to make it a bit more kid-friendly.
The vanilla ice cream slowly melts into the juice to make a creamy, rich drink with a satisfying and sweet vanilla-strawberry flavor with just a hint of banana.
More Party Punch Recipes for Kids
- Moana Party Punch
- Homemade Sparkling Lemonade Recipe
- Magic Color-Changing Galaxy Lemonade
- Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Butterbeer
- Strawberry Syrup (sundae-style not the kind you add to milk)
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fruit Juice — We love strawberry or strawberry-banana juice
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: our recipe below makes 2 servings but you can double or triple this recipe as needed.
Kitchen Tools We Used
- Mason jars
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
How to Make a Strawberry Float
Holding the glass diagonally, squeeze the strawberry syrup along the inside of the glass.
Wait a couple minutes for the strawberry syrup to drip down the sides of the mason jar, for dramatic effect.
Place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of each jar or glass.
Pour strawberry-banana fruit juice into the jar about halfway full. The ice cream will start to melt and combine with the juice for a luscious treat!
Feel free to top your floats with extra drizzle of strawberry syrup, or even a skewer of fresh strawberry and banana slices! Whipped cream also makes a fabulous addition!
Can You Prep Any of This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Because of the ice cream, this punch is best enjoyed immediately after preparing, but you can do a few things ahead of time to make your punch-serving experience a bit easier and faster:
- pre-scoop the ice cream into a muffin tin and place in the fridge, each scoop will be ready to pop into the glasses quickly
- drizzle the strawberry syrup into the serving glasses beforehand and chill the glasses until ready to serve
More Fun Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Cupid’s Arrow Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts
- Valentine’s Day Wafer Cookies
- Teddy Bear Cupcakes
- XOXO Valentine Cupcakes
- Teddy Bear Candy Bar Wrappers
- Valentine Hot Cocoa Bombs
Pin this Easy Valentine’s Day Punch recipe:
Strawberry Ice Cream Float Recipe (Printable Copy)
- 2 Tablespoon strawberry syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Strawberry-banana fruit juice, as needed
- Holding the glass diagonally, squeeze the strawberry syrup along the inside of the glass.
- Place down and allow the strawberry syrup to drip down dramatically as you scoop some vanilla ice cream into the glass.
- Top with strawberry-banana fruit juice until the glass is full.
- Enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 6gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
You might also like:
Pink & White Chocolate Covered Strawberries