Make an adorable Thanksgiving treat by filling a clear glove with popcorn and colorful candy — these Popcorn Turkeys are perfect for classroom crafts or parties!
Thanksgiving Turkey Snack Bags
Over the years I’ve seen a lot of really cute turkey handprint crafts. I think we all traced our hands and colored them to look like turkeys when we were kids! But until now I’d never thought about using the same concept to make a fall themed snack!
These turkey snack bags are made using clear plastic gloves, popcorn, and colorful candy. Once you fill the gloves with your snacks, they really do look like a turkey with its feathers!
This is a great snack to make with the kids because it’s easy enough for even the young kids to help out. They can put the popcorn and candy into the bags themselves!
Wouldn’t this be fun to make with a classroom as we get closer to Thanksgiving? It would also be great for scout groups, church groups, etc.
Ingredients & Supplies
- Microwave Popcorn — Popped and cooled
- Peanut M&M’s — If you can find “harvest” M&Ms that is what we used, but you can use any colors you have on hand.
- Plain M&M’s — We used the smaller regular M&Ms for the wattle, in red.
- Clear Disposable Gloves — We used food prep gloves because they’re food safe and totally clear so you can see the popcorn and candy inside.
- Twist ties, ribbon, or twine — To close the gloves and keep the snacks inside.
- Orange Construction Paper or Craft Foam — for the beak
- Google Eyes
Pop the popcorn according to the package directions and allow to cool completely. You want the popcorn to be room temperature before you put it in the gloves or it will steam and get soggy.
Fill each finger of the glove with a different color of peanut M&M. Then fill thumb about ½ way with red plain M&Ms.
Fill the rest of glove with the popcorn and close the bottom of the glove with a twist tie or a ribbon.
Take your orange construction paper and cut out a triangle for the beak. Twist the thumb and glue your beak where you twisted it. (You could also use a twist tie to tie the thumb).
Glue one googly eye above the beak.
You’re all set, they’re all ready to Gobble!
- We used “Harvest” M&Ms, but they are seasonal and may not always be available in stores depending on when you shop. You really could use any colors of M&Ms (or similar candy) that you like though! Another source could be to check your local candy store; sometimes they sell individual colors of M&Ms so you can choose exactly what you want to use.
- Be sure that the popcorn is completely cooled before putting it in the bags so it doesn’t steam and get mushy.
- These snacks are best enjoyed within a week after preparing.
More Popcorn Snacks To Try:
Pin our Turkey Snack Bags on Pinterest:
Printable Copy Of Turkey Hand Snacks Recipe:
- Microwave Popcorn (Popped).
- Peanut M&M’s Harvest Color & Regular Color (only need if you want green).
- Plain M&M’s (just need red for the wattle).
- Clear Disposable Gloves.
- Twist ties.
- Orange Construction Paper (for the beak)
- Google Eyes
- Pop popcorn according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- Fill each finger of the glove with a different color of peanut M&M. Then fill thumb about ½ way with red plain M&Ms.
- Fill the rest of glove with the popcorn and close the bottom of the glove with a twist tie or a ribbon.
- Take your orange construction paper and cut out a triangle for the beak. Twist the thumb and glue your beak where you twisted it. (You could also use a twist tie to tie the thumb).
- Glue one googly eye above the beak.
You Might Also Like: