Peanut butter and jelly cookies are a clever twist on a childhood favorite!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the quintessential childhood food. They’re perfect for school lunches, after school snacks, and even dinner on “one of those days.” (No judgement here!)
To be totally honest, I still love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a grown-up! My husband makes the most amazing pressed PB & J sandwiches on croissant bread. YUM!!
That’s why I love these peanut butter and jelly cookies — they remind me of my favorite sandwich, in bite-sized form! Plus, they’re easy to make using pre-made pastry dough.
Imagine this: fluffy pinwheels of golden pastry dough, swirled with creamy peanut butter and sweet jam. Need I say more??
Related: Try our Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies too!
This is such a fun baking with kids project because there are a lot of things they can help do: spread the PB & J, roll the dough, place them on the cookie sheet, etc.
My oldest daughter’s tutoring director at Huntington Learning Center here in Houston explained that baking is one of the best ways to practice math at home. Measuring and sequencing are just two of the many skills that kids can learn and apply in the kitchen.
And in my humble opinion, baking is WAY more fun than math worksheets! I’m pretty sure that your kids would agree too!
So let’s get baking!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies Ingredients
- Pre-made puff pastry sheets
- Creamy peanut butter
- Strawberry or grape jelly
- Powdered sugar
A free printable copy of our PB & J Cookies recipe, along with full ingredient amounts, is available at the end of the post.
Kitchen Supplies Used:
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone baking mats
- Rolling pin
- Frosting decorating bag
- Electric mixer
- Non-slip mixing bowls
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Preheat oven to 400 °F and prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg, until creamy.
Unfold puff pastry onto a floured work surface.
Using a floured rolling pin, roll out puff pastry until it is about 20 inches wide.
Spread peanut butter and jelly in alternating stripes, diagonally across pastry sheet.
TIP: Using frosting decorating bags makes this step a breeze!
Gently roll pastry starting with the shorter end, rolling across the long side.
Wrap dough roll in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Once chilled, remove from plastic wrap and slice into about 18 slices.
Place cookie slices onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until cookies just start to turn golden brown.
Allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack.
If you love peanut butter and jelly as much as we do, stay tuned because we’re making peanut butter and jelly cupcakes next!
Be sure to pin our Peanut Butter Jelly Cookies on Pinterest:
Grab a Free Printable Copy of Our Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies Recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package), thawed but cold
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- ½ cup jam (any flavor) *strawberry is pictured
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and prepare a large cookie sheet.
- Beat together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg, until creamy.
- Unfold puff pastry onto a floured work surface.
- Roll out puff pastry until it is about 20 inches wide.
- Spread peanut butter and jelly in alternating stripes, diagonally across pastry sheet.
- Roll up pastry dough, starting with the shorter end, rolling across the long side.
- Wrap dough roll in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 min - 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and slice dough log into about 18 slices.
- Arrange cookie slices onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15-16 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.